If you have read any of my recent posts on facebook, you know we are transitioning Ella and Lucy to share a room. Normally I would have thought it would have been a very easy feat! But when we tried it before, Lucy would either cry because she saw her sister and wanted to play, or she would giggle and want to play! Ella would get very upset that her sister was crying and not going to sleep so she would yell for me to come fix it.
Thankfully, we were able to explain to Ella that sometimes Lucy just needs to cry a little to be able to fall asleep. She listened and repeated it back to us another day, so we knew she really understood!
I took the leap and put them to bed in the same room on Tuesday night, I was expecting the worst, but I knew that I needed to work with them on it so it wouldn't be an issue when the baby was born.
It has been such a relief! The girls have been loving sharing a room. In the mornings Ella will either try to walk out quietly and shut the door so Lucy can continue to sleep, or I will hear them in there giggling together.
I love my sweet girls!
Lucy always pops up right in front of the camera whenever she sees it. She normally smiles her huge goofy smile, but she is usually too close to the camera for the picture to turn out. She is such a happy little girl!
Ella is sporting her new haircut! I love it because it makes her thin blonde hair look much thicker! I took her to Kids Hair and her hair stylist said that her hair will be thick eventually, she could see a lot of hair still growing in.
No comments:
Post a Comment