Friday, January 22, 2010
Our recalled crib has been quite the distraction this week!
As I mentioned in an earlier post, we found out that our crib was recalled on Tuesday evening. We immeadiately took Lucy out of her crib and put her in her pack and play. Since she isn't used to sleeping in it, she didn't sleep well that night at all! I was up with her twice and Tim was also up with her very early in the morning. The next day she wouldn't nap either! She was very tried that day and eventually fell asleep in her car seat while we were crib shopping.
I spent a few hours running in and out of stores looking for a crib. I went to 6 Targets that day! They are having great baby sales and I did find a couple of clearance cribs there. Its so strange how every Target is so different! I also went to Burlington and a few Once Upon a Child stores. Later Tim and I took the girls to Babies R Us. It is just so frustrating trying to find a crib that seems sturdy and safe without spending hundreds of dollars! We ended up at the Edina Target where we bought a clearance crib for $97! It was normally $140 so we were excited to find a good deal. We brought it home and put it together and I really started missing our old crib. After hours of looking online for a good deal on a crib, we decided that we will just keep our old one once they send us the new panels. We are also hoping that we can sell the clearance crib once we get the recalled crib fixed. But for right now we have a crib and Lucy is back to sleeping well. She can tell its a different crib though! Its quite funny how she keeps touching it and looking at it oddly. At least she has her familiar blankets and bedding. And like I said, she is sleeping good again! I am so thankful for that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
we almost bought roen's crib at the edina target too! but that was before he was born, of course! hope everything works out for you!
ReplyDelete